Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanic(s)
Burnside Truck Center – Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanic(s)
We are looking for 8 experienced Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanics to add to our progressive team.
Terms of employment: Full time (40 hours per week) Day, evening, weekend, shift, on call.
- $25.00 to $27.00 per hour depending on experience
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Credentials required: Truck and Transport Mechanic Trade Certification or Truck-Trailer Repairer Trade Certification
Education: Completion of High school and some vocational or technical training.
Experience: 2-5 years repairing heavy truck and trailers
Languages: Read, Speak, Write English
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Keep parts, components and systems of heavy truck and trailers cleaned, lubricated and maintained.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions
- Adjust parts, components and systems of heavy truck and trailers and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired parts, components or systems for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations.
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Write service reports
- Coach and instruct apprentices
Job Skill Requirements:
- Good vision, hearing and sense of smell to diagnose problems
- The strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in cramped or awkward positions
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Mechanical ability and an interest in all types of machinery and engines, electronics and precision equipment
- The ability to think logically and keep up with changes in technology
- Excellent customer service skills
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest and we will contact candidates selected for interview.