Assembly/Dress Out Worker
Progressive Cabinets and Millwork, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for an Assembly/Dress Out Worker to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Reports to: Plant Foreman
The Assembly/Dress-Out Worker(s), reporting directly to the Plant Foreman, will be responsible for assembling, labeling and installing special items on Progressive Cabinets & Millwork Ltd. drawers, cabinets and any other projects as directed.
A pre scheduled and documented maintenance program needs to be followed including a detailed list of tooling changes and breakages. These items will need to be kept in the same binder and logged. Any major breakages or repairs must be relayed to the Plant Foreman and will be dealt with in the most appropriate manner.
- Planning and Organization
- Team work
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Creative and Innovative thinking
- Review Plant supplied paperwork. Use this time to clarify any potential confusion or mis-assembly from missed notes. This includes front page details and any notes inside
- Secure all buyouts that have been selected for this phase of the assembly (hinge plates, runners, specialty hardware etc.)
- Use the standard order of operation (Assemble all drawers, base cabinets, vanity cabinets, upper cabinets and finished cabinets)
- If door/drawer fronts are not ready when finishing is not required (ie. slab with edge banding) assist to have ready for when line begins to fill up
- At each section of assembly, label cabinet with ID number, P#, special sticker if cabinet requires any special items, initial, mark main copy as assembled and add sticker to daily personal tally sheet
- Install all special items, doors and fronts as required ensuring that fit, finish and clean operation is completed
- Upon completion of dress-out, check off cabinet on main copy and initial back of cabinet as complete. At this time the cabinet can be safely wrapped and palletised Palletise so cabinets can be checked off by shipping
- Complete quality control checks
- If possible, assist in repair or recut of parts to help keep assembly moving as a complete job e Receive all cabinets related to "special" items for storage rack
- Receive doors/fronts from either Edge Banding or Finish Department Inspect quality prior to drilling and hanging door or drawer fronts
- Address any quality control issues in a timely fashion
- Record any parts that are returned or need to be redone
- Inspect hand operated equipment and blum presses daily
- Test calibration daily to ensure that desired clearances are consistent. These tests are to be recorded daily in the calibration section of the Assembly/Dress-Out ledger
- Clean work area and machines as required. A clean as you go work practice will minimize any chance of poor quality, safety issues and/or breakages
Duties may be modified or added at the General Manager or President/CEO’s discretion.