Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
Burnside Truck Center, a part of Cherubini Group of Companies requires a motivated, energetic and career-minded Customer Service Advisor.
The Customer Service Advisor will be responsible for scheduling service work in the Customer Service department and for selling recommended or required services to customers. He or she will act as the dealership's first-line customer relations and service representative. The Customer Service Advisor is responsible for gathering and interpreting information on vehicle condition from the Service Technicians in order to advise the customer on recommended or urgently required services and communicate this information in a professional manner, explaining the benefits of services and the potential outcomes of postponing repairs. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
· Customer Focus
· Energy and Stress
· Team Work
· Quality Orientation
· Problem Solving
· Accountability and Dependability
· Operating Equipment
· Ethics and Integrity
· Greet each customer in a prompt, courteous manner, let customers who are waiting in line know they will be helped soon.
· Communicate with service customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problems.
· Secure agreement from customers before repairs; cover cost estimate; and approximate time when vehicle's work will be completed.
· Obtain customer and vehicle data.
· Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair order written".
· Inspect all vehicles for bodywork, notify the customer if work is needed and provide an estimate for body shop work.
· Schedule appointments using dealership approved forms.
· Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacture's specifications, using maintenance menus.
· Keep a daily log of repair orders written, status as well as carryovers.
· Handle minor customer complaints and misunderstandings.
· Communicate the need for additional work when needed; explain the details to the customer, including the additional cost and time consideration and document properly on repair order.
· Follow up progress of each repair order during the day, contact customers by telephone regarding changes in the estimate or time promised.
· Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments and return phone messages promptly.
· Deliver vehicles to customers and answer any questions, review work preformed and explain charges and coverage.
· Interpret warranty information and policies to customers.
· Stay up to date on technical and performance information on all vehicles serviced by the dealership.
· Refer leads and prospects for vehicle sales to the new and pre-owned sales departments.
· Advise customers of parts ordered and make an appointment to have them installed before customer leaves.
· Assist the service manager as necessary.
· Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt, dust and harsh chemicals.
· Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· A certificate or diploma in a related field preferred.
· Three years' working experience in a customer service or sales position.
· Work experience in auto/heavy truck and trailer maintenance shop would be an asset.
· Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
· Able to work well under pressure.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
· Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
· Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
· Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
· Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft software packages.
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
· Must have valid driver's license.
· Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
· Previous industry knowledge.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· Professional demeanor.
· Exposure to inclement weather.
· Ability to operate an automobile.
· Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending.