Forklift/Aerial Lift Service Technician
The Forklift/Aerial Lift Service Technician is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of forklifts, and aerial lift equipment. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders however the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Safety Orientation
- Quality Orientation
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Participate in our company’s Health and Safety Culture Program.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Maintain neat work area.
- Ensure all tasks and procedures carried out meet safety requirements.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals and perform required repair and maintenance.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair forklift and aerial lift problems that include, but not limited to electrical and hydraulic systems, motors, replacing broken/defective parts, brakes, etc.
- Diagnose defects in equipment and perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop when required
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Keep a maintenance log
- Review assigned work orders, estimate time and material required and order all necessary material and supplies.
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Two or more years of experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge on mechanical and electrical abilities, including schematics and diagnostics
- Should have a mechanical background
- Should hold a valid drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
- Should be a computer literate
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to perform incidental welding operations on equipments would be an asset
- Ability in performing electrical and hydraulic trouble-shooting and diagnostics would be an asset
Please note: Cherubini is committed to the health and safety of our people. We have implemented various safety measures, including a mandatory proof of COVID Immunization Policy. As per the policy, Cherubini requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by January 3rd, 2022. Cherubini will provide reasonable accommodation if candidates can present a medical or religious exemption recognized by the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act.