Shop Labourer (Rendan)
Rendan Fabricators Limited, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is currently looking for a full-time permanent Labourer in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate in this role will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor at the fabrication shop. Responsibilities will include flipping rebar, cleaning up debris, and removal of waste materials.
- Quality orientation
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Clean and perform preparation of work area.
- Lubricate, clean, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Flip rebar using established procedures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans and specifications.
- Use tools and equipment as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and commitment to workplace safety.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR (considered an asset).
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs), walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Hazards associated with the industry.