Accountant Rendan Fabricators
Rendan Fabricators Limited, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for an Accountant to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
Rendan Fabricators Limited is a rebar fabrication facility located in the Burnside Industrial Park. This opportunity would be suitable for an experienced accountant or book keeper, and/or a new CPA.
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
General Manager, Rendan Fabricators Limited
The accountant will be responsible for preparing and maintaining routine accounting and payroll information for accuracy and to generate accounting entries for accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and monthly tax remittances.
- Decision making and judgement
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Ethical integrity
Roles & Responsibilities
The Accountant will be responsible for the following:
· Monthly general ledger accounting in preparation for monthly financial statements
· Prepare weekly payroll summary and send to payroll team for review and processing.
· Prepare and post labour job cost and enter in accounting software.
· Track banked time, travel time, and vacation for all employees.
· Maintain employee records in accounting software. Forward changes to payroll for updating in payroll software.
· Create and post union/fund remittances.
· Maintain customer contract files.
· Prepare and post monthly progress billings.
· Prepare and post holdback invoices.
· Prepare and post general/ cash sales reports and entries.
· Fulfil customer requests for documents (i.e., reprint invoices, insurance certificates, WCB letters, and required forms).
· Process all accounts payable invoices and obtain management approval.
· Any other administrative and accounting tasks assigned by General Manager.
Post-secondary education in business and/or commerce with a concentration in accounting.
Min. 5 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience and/or recently designated Chartered Professional Accountant
Experience in Microsoft Excel.
Ability to adapt to changing needs, multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think “big picture”.
Syspro knowledge will be considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year