Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is currently looking for a Cleaner to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Cleaner will be responsible for keeping the shop in clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, stocking restrooms and removing rubbish.
- Energy and Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Ensures garbage, debris and cardboard is picked up throughout the shop
- Gathers and empties scrap bins
- Sweeping throughout the shop as needed
- Emptying garbage cans
- Vacuuming as needed
- Contacts appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors and management
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience in the cleaning and maintenance of industrial operations considered an asset.
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.