CNC Machine Operator
Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for CNC Operators to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a competent CNC Machine Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. This job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment.
CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines perform correct functions
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate parts/ pieces
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make necessary adjustments to produce better results
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed accurately
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Experience as CNC operator considered an asset, but those with transferrable skills and willingness to train are encouraged to apply
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools an asset
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings an asset
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming - specific knowledge of CAD/CAM is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts .
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Requires good manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires high level of Hand-Eye coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.