Quality Blasting & Coating Limited, an Industrial Paint Shop and a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is currently looking for a full-time permanent Estimator in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
We are looking for a diligent Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. They are also thorough and adept in managing professional relationships.
The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
· Quality Orientation
· Time Management
· Creative and Innovative Thinking
· Development and Continual Learning
· Problem Solving
· Accountability and Dependability
· Research and Analysis
· Decision making and Judgement
· Ethics and Integrity
· Planning and Organizing
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
· Energy & Stress management skills
· Team Work
· Understand the project and its requirements
· Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
· Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
· Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
· Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
· Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
· Perform risk analysis
· Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
· Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
· Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
· Experience as estimator or similar position
· Familiarity with financial and project management principles
· In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
· Strong math and IT ability with an analytical mind
· Proficient in relevant software
· Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
· Thoroughness and reliability
· Excellent organizational skills
· BSc/BA in engineering, or relevant discipline
· Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset
· Relevant experience in an Industrial Paint Shop will be an asset.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Ability to handle work pressure
· Overtime as required
· Weekend work may be required
· Prioritizing and meeting deadlines as may be required