Quality Blasting & Coating Limited, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is currently looking for a full-time permanent Industrial Sandblaster in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Reports To: General Manager
The Industrial Sandblaster will be responsible for preparing steel by abrasive blasting, meeting defined production standards, schedules, and quality requirements.
- Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment: Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper
- Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
- Loads parts on racks
- Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle
- Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive
- Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove-fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
- May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Support the Quality Assurance department with respect to Quality assurance evaluation of painted products.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an industrial production blasting and painting
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high levels of noise.
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade