Metal Fabricator / Fitter
Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for Metal Fabricator/Fitters to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Metal Fabricator/Fitter is responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints and engineering drawings to assess the materials needed and to create the templates that correspond with the required metal cuts. The Metal Fabricator will be required to use a variety of light and heavy machinery to make their necessary cuts and to assemble the fabricated components into complete units. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Planning and Organizing
- Safety Oriented
- Quality Oriented
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal.
- Create and construct patterns and guides as templates for metal cutting.
- Operate light machinery, including: brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders, and computer numerical control equipment (CNC).
- Layout reference points and patterns on heavy metals according to the templates/blueprints.
- Assemble, fit and weld metal sections and plates to create complete units or subunits.
- Install fabricated components in the final product.
- Preheat work pieces to render them malleable.
- Monitor quality of fabrication and production.
- Sets up and operates heavy machine tools, such as: radial drill, end mill and edge planer.
- Other duties as required.
- 3-4+ years of experience in the trade.
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) GMAW welding ticket considered an asset. If not currently held, must be willing to obtain with the Organization’s support.
- Red Seal endorsement considered an asset.
- Precise materials selection.
- Manual Dexterity.
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals, high temperatures and high levels of noise.
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.