OVERHEAD CRANE MECHANIC
Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for an Overhead Crane Mechanic to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Overhead Crane Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of overhead cranes, and other lift equipment. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders however the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Safety Oriented
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Planning and Organizing
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Participate in our company’s Health and Safety Culture Program.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Repair and maintain overhead cranes, and lift equipment.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively s
- Diagnose defects in equipment and perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop when required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Working knowledge on mechanical and electrical abilities, including schematics and diagnostics
- Should have a mechanical background
- Should hold a drivers license
- Should be a computer literate
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to perform incidental welding operations on equipments would be an asset
- Ability to install new and added-on equipment would be an asset
- Ability in performing electrical and hydraulic trouble-shooting and diagnostics would be an asset