Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is currently looking for a Programmer to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Reports To: Production Planning
This full-time, permanent role will oversee and be responsible for the day to day needs of the Programming Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the duties associated with processing drawing packages that are issued to the shop floor. This individual must maintain a mature and confidential approach to all aspects of the position.
This job requires working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other departments. A drive for quality orientation and the ability to meet scheduled deadlines is essential. Programmers in the department are encouraged to share challenges and new ideas with the team. Project based work will be assigned.
- Team work
- Excellent time managment skills
- Written and oral communication
- Computer literacy
- Confidentiality and discretion
· Processing drawing packages, nesting plate, and linear stock steel with various software.
· Control and maintenance of steel inventory using Tekla PowerFab Software.
· Program CAM files, importing NC, DXF files and any translations that are required to import files and export files to machines on the shop floor.
· Entering and filing of documents returned from the shop floor such as nesting sheets and material drop sheets.
· Issuing and controlling of heat numbers in relation to material traceability.
· Scanning & sorting of completed packages for each machine into job folders.
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment
· Experience working with operational software such as Columbus, Steel Projects, and Tekla Powerfab
· Understanding of shop fabrication processes
· Ability and desire to handle large volumes of work