Shop Labourer (QBC)
Quality Blasting & Coatings, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for a number of Shop Labourers to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Shop Labourer will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor at the Industrial paint shop and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities will include the cleaning and preparation of projects, sanding, taping, hand painting, cleaning up rubble and debris and removal of waste materials. Must be capable of operating a variety of equipment.
- Energy & Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite.
- Perform sanding, taping and hand painting functions
- Training will be given to perform on the job.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Clean and prepare work sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Willing to learn job-specific skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Job requires ability to work with various tools and materials.
- Ability to work at heights, less than 6 feet off the ground
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)