Cherubini Metal Works, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for a Foreman to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Foreman is responsible for the effective supervision of production staff to ensure that quality standards and productivity requirements are met. Responsibilities will include the training of staff members in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues. Through the effective management of targets, goals and service efficiencies, the Foreman will ensure the ongoing success of the miscellaneous shop floor. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Energy and Stress management skills
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
- Supervise the activities of the production workers.
- Instruct employees on best practices.
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date production requirement information to employees.
- Ensure quality of workmanship.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all staff.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other units.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology and techniques.
- Prepare production and other reports
- Other duties as required.
- Diploma and/ or experience in a related field (welding, metal fabrication).
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- Strong ability to interpret drawings
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Proven mechanical abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff required.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies of 50 pounds.
- Experience in operating Overhead cranes with or without load attached
- Must be available to rotate days/nights.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires exceptionally high level of Hand-Eye coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Hazards associated with the Industrial environment.